Friday, August 19, 2011

16 weeks 5 days

I felt the first "for sure, I know that was a baby" kick this morning. The electric razor got his/her attention while in the shower.

We also had a good doctor's visit on Tuesday. Results from the NT screen were all good, risks for all trisomies were very very low. Thing 3 is very sneaky, which luckily I knew from my own attempts at using the doppler, and made Dr.K work very hard to get 30 seconds of heartbeat in the low 150's. If I didn't firmly believe Thing 3 was a mover, I probably would have totally freaked out when the doppler kept getting my hb instead of theirs.

Anatomy scan is set for Sept 12th so we have less than 4 weeks until we make sure that Thing 3 has all the proper limbs and organs.

I am feeling pretty huge as Thing 3 has decided they want to be carried high. Why something the size of an avocado needs that much space, I have no idea? I have had some acquaintances sneak glances at the belly, but I'm not saying anything unless they ask first. Really, I can't hide the belly anymore, but I'm not still ready to make any more announcements. I'm am definitely running out of options for pants on the non-maternity side of my closet. It's silly but I am avoiding wearing those clothes after I refused to put them away after Reid died. Then I was so desperate to be wearing them again and now I'm afraid to jinx myself by needing them.


4 comments:

  1. Yay to the kick and good results. Everything crossed for the anatomy scan...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for feeling Thing 3 kicking, for good doctors visits and the low NT results. Fingers are crossed for Sept 12th's scan and for letting people know. I know how hard putting those maternity clothes back on, but needs must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the same way - refused to wear maternity pants as long as possible. Good thing I had "fat pants" from when I went back to work after Adelyn and still didn't fit into my regular pants.

    How are you feeling about the anatomy scan? Will you find out the gender? That was such a difficult decision for us, and a difficult experience as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, 16 weeks is showing some wriggling and a doppler shy baby here too :) gah! And oh my god, I can't tell you how big I am. 5 previous babies have left their mark!

    ReplyDelete