Sunday, September 11, 2011

20 weeks

This had better not be an omen.... Today our kitchen window got smashed by our patio umbrella. Totally our fault for not putting the umbrella away when the wind picked up after lunch, but it really wasn't something I thought could happen. (Smash the glass top of the picnic table, yes, smash the nearby window, no.) Seeing as it is Sunday and it's not cold out, we are waiting until at least Monday to try and get it repaired. Who knows how much it will cost as the whole double-paned section of window will have to replaced. For now there is is piece of cardboard over the inside of the window to prevent pieces of glass from falling into the sink (and prevent bugs from coming inside too).

I just want tomorrow afternoon to be here so we can know if Thing 3 is okay in there. He/She is kicking me right now so I know they are alive, but now I need to know that they are healthy and have a chance of living outside my body.

We will be trying to finding Thing 3's gender. We both agree that we need the chance to get used to the idea of this baby's gender before they arrive. I also really want to be able to pick a name for this baby. As I pointed out to D.G. tonight, we are at 20 weeks now so if something awful happens, we are in stillbirth territory and that includes paperwork with the baby's name. No matter what happens I want this baby to have name that was picked out for them while they were alive and kicking and expected to come home with us, not picked in a haze of grief while filling out legal forms. (Of course this idea is based on a good result from tomorrow's scan.)




5 comments:

  1. Hoping for a clear and healthy scan for you all...let us know how it goes. I totally understand needing a name chosen for a living baby, everything takes on more meaning after you've already lost a child xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can get the window repaired quickly and it's not too expensive.

    Am thinking of you. I guess the scan will be in a few hours. Everything crossed for you hon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have everything crossed and hoping no update isn't a problem. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything is going well! I'm sorry I don't leave comments to your blogs nearly enough... but I do think of you daily!

    Looking forward to more udpates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope that everything is ok, it's been a while since you updated. Sending thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete