Saturday, December 24, 2011

34 weeks, 6 days


Ultrasound on Wednesday went well. It even got started only 10 minutes after my appointment time which is a minor miracle on it's own. I was starting to worry during the ultrasound when the tech started doing all these measurements of blood flow around the baby's heart, but it turns out that Thing 3 was just being very cooperative and so she was practicing some new types of measurements. (That they need to do on babies with heart problems).  We are all set for the amnio on the 3rd and I hope that the perinatalogist who was there on Wednesday is working on the 3rd because she was really nice and very reassuring.

Unlike the Dr. at the Diabetes clinic. Friday, I finally got into the Gestational diabetes clinic. I have had "Impaired Glucose Tolerance" since November 4th but the referral to the clinic got messed up and it took until now for me to get into the clinic. The dietician was nice, said I was doing great. The nurse was nice, said I was doing great. The resident was nice, said I was doing great. The doctor was a jerk and said that my blood sugar results were only passable and that the range I was given (by nurses from the clinic) was not really what he wants to see followed. I really felt like he was trying to make me feel bad about it. He did agree I don't need to go in insulin, which I wouldn't have agreed to at this point anyways with less than 2 weeks to go, and that I don't have to go back to the clinic so at least I shouldn't have to see him again unless something goes really wonky in the next 2 weeks.

Friday, I also went for a massage. My hips have been so painful since I got of bedrest and thanks to Wednesday's U/S I know that Thing3 is in an oblique position on my left hip which is not helping. I may have to start doing some inversions to get Thing 3 to move their head, but they may be too big already. I have said many times that this baby's position didn't matter because of the planned c-section, but I didn't mean that I was okay with extra pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment