I seem to have a problem writing about Thing 3 now. (While I somehow have plenty to say on my other blog.)
I saw Dr. W. on Tuesday as scheduled this time. All is good with Thing 3 and me, at least physically. He is pretty sure that I won't go into pre-term labour and that we will make it to a scheduled c-section. As of right now, I will be able to come off bed rest as soon as I hit 34 weeks. However, my regular non-high risk GP who does obstetrics, Dr. K (whom I still love and miss so much) called to check up on me that afternoon. She was looking into the ultrasound report from the late term ultrasound I had with Reid and at 33 or 34 weeks I had 4 cm of cervix. Of course that cancels out Dr. W's certainty that I won't go into labor any time soon. (His theory is that I may have had a short cervix with previous pregnancies but it was not noticed because no one was checking it.)
I just hate not knowing what's going to happen. I know I'm pregnant and you never quite know how things are going to work out (even when you are naive and sure that you are going to get a live baby out of the deal), but being afraid that labor could start at anytime from 26 weeks on, is really messing with my mind. When we booked the c-section for 38w 1d, I was reasonably sure that I wouldn't go into labor before that. Now I am wondering how I can even make it to New Year's sanity intact. I'm seriously considering the option of doing an amnio late in week 36 and a c-section shortly after. It sounds so early but if I spend the week and a half after that freaking out, will that really benefit anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment