Wednesday, December 28, 2011

35 weeks, 3 days

1 week to go, hopefully!

Thing 3 is still very wiggly and obligingly moves when I need reassurance, even at 3 am when I wake up to go pee and start wondering if they are still alive. I still get visits from a home-care nurse 3 times a week for NST's which all look great. (I really love our health care system these days.)

Everything in the baby's room is as ready as it's going to get. We pulled out all of D's baby things that have been waiting for the last 3 years to be used again. (Many of them were pulled out in preparation for Reid's arrival but they all went back into the boxes after he died.) We bought a few things, but the tags are still on. We have plans to buy a few more things, but we keep saying that we will buy it "after". It's just seems too presumptuous to buy a whole bunch of things for a baby that is not guaranteed to be able to use it. Of course if I was to say that out loud any where but "here" no one would understand.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so exciting and nerve-wracking! Thinking of you and Thing 3, and sending you both lots of good birthing vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you over this last week. Glad the NSTs are looking good and I hope that your dear Thing 3 arrives safe and well.

    I could't buy anything for R either. He had things left over from G or donations from friends. He was none the worse for it! I understand why it is so hard, I felt the same way. xo

    ReplyDelete