Wednesday, October 26, 2011

26 weeks, 3 days - Day 2 in Hospital

I survived my second day of bed rest. I just barely survived the second steriod shot, damn does it hurt way more than the first one.  I am burning up cell phone minutes faster than ever before in my life so I added  unlimited text messaging for the next month to save money and give me something to do. I am allowed the occasional trip down the hallway to the patient lounge to watch TV, but somehow without my PVR it seems really boring. Still no other symptoms of early labor so things are as good as can be expected.

Thank you for all the love and well wishes and the list of ways to help survive bed rest from the bed rest champ.

5 comments:

  1. Argh those steroid shots STING don't they? Sending lots of sympathy to you and lots of 'stay put' vibes to thing 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books - you need stacks of them.

    Have you read the Hunger Games trilogy? You'll burn through that series. I think you posted about reading this but I can't remember.

    The Night Circus - just finished, the best debut novel I've read in a while.

    There's a mystery series with a hilarious main character - I think she's 9 or 10 - written for adults. The books have horribly long titles, you can find it under the Flavia de luce series by Alan Bradley.

    I am currently rereading Heart in the Right Place, a memoir by Carolyn Jourdan about temporarily moving to rural Tennessee to help her father with his medical practice when her mother falls ill. There are some sad bits, but it is also laugh out loud funny.

    I'll stop now. I hope you like to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like to read. I was planning to get an e-reader for Christmas (looking for recommendations on that) so I may get it early so I can just download e-books from the library/store instead of trying to make D.G. pick out library books for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots of prayers!

    Good idea about adding unlimited texting to your phone!

    I wish I had some good suggestions, but I always end up reading when I am stuck somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband says that The Nook is the best e-reader - the color one is way cooler however unnecessary unless you read things that contain pictures. I am all for finding a series to watch and watching episode after episode - that's what I do - but that may not be possible until you are home again! Praying for you! <3

    ReplyDelete