Thursday, October 20, 2011

What to wear at 25 weeks 4 days

This is the third time I've grown a giant baby. Thanks to hand-me downs from friends and some of my own shopping, I have a pretty decent selection of maternity wear in my closet. (and it never left my closet after Reid died, it sat there waiting for Thing 3 to come along.) Despite this collection of clothing, I still am running out of things to wear when I leave the house as nothing is long enough to cover my belly. Yes, already. But seeing as I would like this to be my last pregnancy and I am not being paid to be a stay at home mom, I don't want to buy more maternity clothes (and lots of them aren't long enough anyway). Then I found this very neat sewing blog, diy maternity. I am not great at sewing, but I am willing to try the basics, so I tried this idea, converting a men's shirt.



 I sewed this literally last week when it fit just fine. I think it turned out pretty well and D.G. had put the shirt on the donate pile anyways. Now it has started gaping between the buttons. I made some diy belly bands by cutting off some old camisoles (they were never going to be long enough for me to wear again anyways), but I don't want to have to wear a belly band everyday for the next 3 months. Any other ideas besides a trip the the clearance aisle at the men's big and tall store?

2 comments:

  1. I like the shirt you sewed, that's a great idea.

    I grew a much bigger belly with Bennett and didn't want to buy more shirts either. On the recommendation of a friend I bought packs of cheap men's ribbed tank tops in black and white and wore them under my maternity shirts so the belly was covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always sew up the button strip....as long as you could still get the shirt over your head.

    (can you tell I don't sew?!)

    ReplyDelete