Thursday, October 27, 2011

26 weeks, 4 days - Day 3 in Hospital

It's been another thankfully uneventful day in the AntePartum unit. Still no other symptoms of early labour. My OB also nixed the resident's plan to do an fFN test which I am fine with because I do not want any more action down below than is absolutely necessary. He is willing make the decision on whether I go home Monday just on my cervical measurement.

I felt kind popular today as I got visits from two of my support group leaders (one works in another part of this hospital) and from both my doctors and my neighbor and my husband. My friend G also sent me some beautiful flowers (red gerberas of course) but since I can't upload anything, I can't post any pictures.

Two nurses complimented me on my tattoo today (lots of chances to flash my ink when I'm getting regular BP checks on that arm) and D.r. K commented on how nice Reid's portrait (it's on my nightstand) turned out so there have been plenty of chances to recognize Reid in a more positive way today. That is a big improvement over having to explain my obstetrical history over and over to the nurses and students and residents on Tuesday and Wednesday. However, Reid's death is the only reason I had a U/S at 26 weeks so I have to be grateful that in a way he is looking out for Thing 3.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are looking ok so far. I hope you are able to get out of there soon - I know you must be ready to sleep in your own bed.

    Even though where you are is not fun, and the situation is a little scary - I am so glad they found out what was going on. I'm certain Reid is watching over his new brother or sister and you!

    Sending lots of prayers and positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you lots and lots and hoping you'll be able to escape on Monday.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness Car! I am so sorry that you have been throw such a huge and scary curve ball! I hope you will be released soon and that the PTL will stop. Keep us posted on your next cervical measurement and know that I am sending my thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete