Saturday, November 26, 2011

30 weeks 6 days

Still here, still gestating, still on bed rest. The ultrasound on Tuesday was good. Thing 3 is over 4 lbs and has a beautiful heart. My cervix is still at 1 cm. I was hoping to get some more information from my OB on Thursday, but he was covering for one of his partners and my appointment ending up being rescheduled for next week after I waited for two and half hours. I also found out this week when I called in to make sure I had all my appointments until week 38 booked that Dr.W. is going to be out of the country the week before Christmas (and I am guessing the week after too).  This scares me because having another OB delivery this baby is not part of the plan that allows me to be sane. Not knowing what is going to happen is messing with my head. This was much easier when I was relatively sure that I wouldn't go into labour before 37 weeks.

I also have started dreaming about going to the bathroom at night and finding blood. When I woke up this morning, I was so sure it had really happened, but then if it really happened, I would have been at the hospital not in my own bed. Why can't any part of this be easy?

5 comments:

  1. Glad Thing 3 is still doing well and you're still gestating.
    That would freak me out about the Dr too. Everything crossed that Thing 3 sticks with the programme for you.
    That dream would've scared the crap out of me, too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dr being gone would really bother me too. I am glad, though, that your little baby is doing so well!

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cara. Flipping dreams :( and argh to the doctor. I'm thinking I maybe need to change mine, which is less than ideal. Sending thing 3 behaving vibes. This whole thing just sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cara I have had that SAME dream lately! It's just AWFUL! I woke up the one day in tears because I thought it really happened! STUPID BRAIN! You and Thing 3 are in my prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for a cervix! But poo on the dr. situation. I hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete