It's now less than 24 hours until our amnio appointment. (I know this precisely because my phone buzzed a reminder at me a few minutes ago.) I am still apprehensive about having a needle in my belly but have been reassured by the experience of a fellow support group member, A, who had an amnio and c-section the week before Christmas.
My, hopefully last, OB appointment last week was not reassuring. The doctor covering for my OB was not really understanding or accommodating about my requests to have constant monitoring and to allow my husband and/or Dr.K with me at all times. However, there was no point in getting into a battle with her as she will not be the OB at the surgery. Dr. W. is back in the city as of today so even if I sneeze myself into labour today, he should be there.
Yes sneezing myself into labour feels like a possibility right now as some how I caught a cold on New Year's Eve. 8 pm Dec 31st, my throat started to feel scratchy and by 8 am Jan 1st, I was full out, snot leaking from my nose sick. I should have remembered that no matter how miserable and uncomfortable you are, it can always get worse. I spent most of New Year's Day in bed, but didn't even have the energy to knit or write blog posts. I am already in what seems like the longest few days of my life and this cold is making them feel even longer.
I will take and post a picture of the giant basketball belly later, after I work up the energy to shower.
Please think good thoughts for the amnio tomorrow and for this cold to not interfere with the delivery plans.
Good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts and lots more good thoughts coming your way!!! let us know what you learn from the amnio appt. Sooo close...
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope you feel better soon!
So close. Everything crossed. Much love flowing your way xx
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and getting excited... can't wait to see the pic!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and good luck. They don't do amnios here for this reason. You are very brave, I could not do it! Lots of love.
ReplyDeleteWill certainly be thinking of you! Praying all goes well with amnio and of course the delivery when the time comes <3
ReplyDelete