28 weeks is a good milestone to hit, especially when I am staring pre-term labour in the face. (or should that be in the cervix?) Still no other signs of pre-term labour though and Thing 3 is very active in there. The blood sugar seems to under control so far but I still have to look away every time I use the lancet to prick my finger for a blood check. I’m sure D will be fascinated by the whole process but D.G. will be creeped out.
Yesterday was an up and down day. The up:
- My friend E brought her daughters for a visit and even made me diabetic friendly pizza from scratch. Very yummy, balsamic chicken pizza.
- My next door neighbor also came for a visit and brought me the supplies I needed to finish my first official knitting project.
- My yoga teacher also came for a visit and brought me some yoga type exercises to try to minimize the soreness from sitting/laying on my ass all day.
The down:
- -Someone on the ward’s baby died yesterday. I don’t know who or what happened, but when my nurse said to me “We’ve had a hard day on the ward.” my DMB brain sent me straight to, “There’s been a loss.” I feel so awful for this family and offered to talk to them if they want to talk to someone who has been there and they can look past the basketball I swallowed. But really there is nothing anyone can do to make things truly better for them right now. The first days of shock and pain are something you just have to survive, somehow.
(((cara))) so hard. Lots of love as ever.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear about the good bits... but how sad about that poor lost baby :( It's so kind of you to offer to talk to them.
ReplyDeleteGlad thing 3 is still keeping active xx
The good parts are lovely, the lost baby so sad. I cannot believe you've been in thirteen days. Glad thing 3 is staying put and active. Love and hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy your newest baby is healthy and thriving. And I'm glad you've had some friends and family there to keep you company and give you things to do.
ReplyDeleteJust reading your post about the loss of a baby in your hospital made my blood run cold. It's so hard to hear things like that, because you want to do ANYTHING to help them... but we all know the truth of the matter is there is nothing anyone can do to make things better.
((Big Hugs))
Sounds like there were many parts of the day that were lovely. The loss is so sad though :*(
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))